Friday, June 29, 2007

Stranger

I'm looking for the man I knew
In the stranger you've become.
One night of your lies
Destroyed ten years of my life.

I am searching for the man I loved
In the stranger he's become,
Trying to see the difference in the face I see
And what lies beneath the veneer.

I am desperate for the man I loved
Even in the stranger he's become.
One night of his unfaithfulness
Has destroyed ten years of my trust.
And how strange that I love him still,
And will believe his artful deceit!
How strange that I even love
The stranger in the man I loved!

3 comments:

'Mom'BA said...

Hey..thats way too touching..simplicity of words has brought it in the best possible way it cud've..
Its the reality painted so beautifuly on the paper :)

Anonymous said...

@Priysha: It's weird to say thanks for a painful piece of writing, but thanks.

annie said...

You know this is what i ask & tell me self everyday.Exactly what u mentioned herein. People change it doesn't matter to me, but when ppl who matter the most to us change like this...it hurts deep..real deep.